UCAS Code L541 ft blended learning
The programme is approved by the National Youth Agency, providing eligibility to practice as a professionally qualified Youth Worker, recognised by the Joint Negotiating Committee (JNC). The qualification is transferrable to a wide range of careers working with young people, families and communities.
The studies are informed by the College’s value base and commitment to social justice. We encourage and support reflective and professional practice, whilst placing a strong emphasis on the integration of theory and practice.
We use a blended distance learning approach delivered over 3 years that combines a rich mix of lectures, study days, online resources, phone and email support. Study days and residentials include workshops, guest speakers, one to ones and group supervision.
Why study with us?
The BA (Hons) degree course provides:
- A range of challenging experiences that will enhance your practice
- Flexible study that can fit around work, life or other commitments
- Experienced tutors and supervisors interested in your experience and learning style
- An affordable means to build your competence (it offers competitive rates compared to other courses)
- Opportunities to develop practice in international contexts