This level 3 accredited by ABC awards and provides JNC recognised Youth Support Worker status and qualification. The programme explores working with young people and leads on to further studies.
Students study the following modules
- Introducing study
- Reflecting on our experiences
- Exploring helping
- Facilitating informal education
- Teaching and group work
- Reflection on professional practice.
What do you study?
All students study the following modules:
- Introducing study – including exploring returning to studying; key themes of the programme and it works
- Reflecting on our experiences – including looking at our experiences; attending to feelings; deepening understanding; working one-to-one; building relationships
- Exploring helping – including thinking about helping, relationship, community development and participation
- Facilitating informal education – including being an educator; trusting in conversation; fostering democracy and association; exploring refection and learning; living with values
- Teaching and group work – including thinking about needs; designing programmes; teaching; managing groups; assessment and evaluation of activities; working with groups
- Reflection on professional practice – direct work with young people and communities
Students who are studying the 54 credit diploma then complete an additional module. While students that have elected for the 60 credit access award also complete a further project.
How does it work?
Students can apply for this diploma programme at anytime of the year. They are then registered at the nearest start point – January or September.
Most students complete these courses within 12 months. They learn through a using a mix of face-to-face practice, online forums, specially prepared interactive study materials (which can be accessed via mobile, tablet, desk top or simply print), activities and assignments. Students also have the support of a work place supervisor and a tutor. Materials, forums and activites are accessed, and work submitted, through our dedicated e-learning system ymoodle.
Diplomas are awarded on the basis of successful completion of a work based placement; written assignments and activities; regular meetings with a dedicated supervisor and line manager; and submission of final professional practice assessment package.
For more information contact: email@example.com