Why study social pedagogy in specialist education settings?
Social pedagogy is an innovative and fresh way of understanding work with children, young people, families and communities. Concerned with the development of the whole person and community, it brings together informal education, community learning and development. Module focusses on relationship building and encouraging change.
Diploma explores how holistic ways of working helps people to develop and change their lives. We pay special attention to working in specialist education settings like special schools, PRUs and inclusion teams in schools.
What do you study?
You study the following modules:
- Introducing study returning to studying; learning key themes within the programme and how it works
- Reflecting on our experiences looking at our experiences, feelings, understanding, how to build relationships on a one to one level
- Exploring helping growing healthy and proactive relationships within communities to encourage community participation and development
- Facilitating informal education as an educator, trusting in conversation; fostering democracy and association, exploring refection and teachings to transform values
- Teaching and group work thinking about needs; designing programmes; teaching and managing groups; assessment and evaluation of activities to work confidently with groups
- Reflection on professional practice direct work with children, young people and communities (3 modules)
- Developing social pedagogy in specialist education settings understanding social pedagogy in the context of formal schooling, working with children and young people with specific/additional needs including: social, emotional and behavioural, autistic spectrum, learning difficulty and developmental delay.
- Working in the context of family systems engaging in multi-professional intervention, integrating education and care objectives in the classroom, thinking about the link between specialist education and neighbourhoods and sustainable communities and developing practice and evaluating practices
For more details on how to apply or if you would like to discuss any of the above or have a course tailored to your needs, please contact our Further Education Coordinator email@example.com