Why study social pedagogy and work with vulnerable young people?
Social pedagogy is an innovative and fresh way of understanding work with children, young people, families and communities. Concerned with the development of the whole person and community, it brings together informal education, community learning and development, helping and care. At its heart the programme focuess on relationship and encouraging change.
In this programme we explore how holistic ways of working helps people to develop and change their lives. We pay special attention to work with vulnerable young people.
What do you study?
You study the following modules:
- Introducing study returning to studying; learning key themes within the programme and how it works
- Reflecting on our experiences looking at our experiences, feelings, understanding, how to build relationships on a one to one level
- Exploring helping growing healthy and proactive relationships within communities to encourage community participation and development
- Facilitating informal education as an educator, trusting in conversation; fostering democracy and association, exploring refection and teachings to transform values
- Teaching and group work thinking about needs; designing programmes; teaching and managing groups; assessment and evaluation of activities to work confidently with groups
- Reflection on professional practice direct work with children, young people and communities (3 modules)
- Developing social pedagogy and work with vulnerable young people exploring relationships, neighbourhoods and communities, understanding vulnerability and risk, working with vulnerable young people, developing projects and evaluate work.
For more details on how to apply or if you would like to discuss any of the above or have a course tailored to your needs, please contact our Further Education Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org