This is an important qualification for anyone working in teaching i.e. trainer in the private training industry or as a teacher/lecturer in further education. It is designed to give people the knowledge and confidence to teach in the post 16 education sector.
This qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- are not in a teaching role, or have no teaching experience
- have teaching experience, or just started a teaching role
- want a short qualification to gain formal recognition of their skills
- want a qualification without a minimum teaching practice requirement
- have the potential to study at this level, same level of demand as that of study for A-levels
What’s involved ?
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and training skills sector and is made up of 3 core units:
- Unit 1 looks at the role and responsibilities of a trainer/teacher and investigates the skills required to create an effective learning environment.
- Unit 2 is largely practical and each learner is required to plan, deliver and evaluate their own 15 minute micro-teach on a subject of their choice. It focuses on the importance of an inclusive learning environment, meeting individual learning needs.
- Unit 3 explores the different types of assessment within teaching and how assessment is a pivotal element of successful teaching.
There is no formal examination. You will collate a portfolio of evidence by completing written assignments and one observed micro teaching session.
5 days (10.30- 4 – can be flexible with this)
Venue: TBC (or in house at your premises)
£695 per person – minimum 6 people. We can work with 6-16 people. At full capacity the price will drop to £595 per person.
How to apply:
For more information and an application form please email: M.Johal@ymca.ac.uk