This level 1 programme explores the youth work sector and is nationally accredited
We offer two units of the nationally accredited (ABC) Level 1 Certificate in an introduction to youth work course. The course is designed for learners who are 16+ and are interested in working with young people in a paid or volunteering capacity.
The course is appropriate for those who would benefit from an introduction to youth and community work. In particular young people who have undertaken a personal development programme or similar; those who have an interest in, but no substantial experience of working with young people and people who are not ready for are unsure about undertaking other formal training in this area.
Undertaking the 2 units from the Level 1 Introduction to Youth Work course participants can be expected to be provided with an opportunity to gain a basic understanding of the scope of the youth work sector.
- Issues that affect young people
- The role of youth work in addressing these
- The different youth work settings in which the work takes place
- Develop an understanding of the legislation and policies which relate to working with young people.
- Explore safe working practices for youth work.
Picture: ‘The Street’ (Carnaby Street, London) by Gary Knight. Sourced from Flickr and reproduced under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) Licence.https://www.flickr.com/photos/garryknight/5534986336/